Friday, May 11, 2012

Koro's Gift

Koro’s Gift

Hooray! I am going on a holiday to stay with my Koro who lives in a house  in a place called Wainuiomata.
Koro said that he has a very special bone carving for me.
This morning dad took me to Koro’s house. Dad and I hopped into the car. Before dad and I hopped into the car I said in my head, ”I am proud of my Koro’s skills as a bone carver I love my Koro very much.”
When dad and I arrived at Koro’s house, I was the first person to jump out of the car. As soon as dad and I jumped out of the the car, I ran up to Koro’s glass door and saw that Koro was sitting in his rocking chair fast asleep and I saw a bone carving resting around Koro’s neck and sitting quietly on Koro’s belly. Suddenly I rang the doorbell. Koro woke up with a fright and open the door.
“Kia ora, moko. How are you? Have you come to stay with old Koro?”
“Yes, I have. I’m staying for two whole weeks!”  
After dad left to go back home,I finally went  to bed thinking how I could ask Koro if I could wear the the bone carving. I fell asleep then in my comfortable sleep I had a dream about the bone carving getting stolen by a burglar. As my dream ended, I screamed out loud, “Aargh!” Koro came bouncing into the room to see what had happen. Later on I saw Koro standing next to me with no bone carving around his neck.  I shouted, “Koro the bone carving has been stolen by the burglars!”
 Koro said, “No no moko I don’t wear the bone carving at night now go back to sleep and have a good rest.”
In the early morning I went into the the kitchen for breakfast with my personal Koro. After I finished my breakfast ,Koro took me down into the basement. When Koro and I got down in the basement I saw some very precious bone and greenstone carvings with beautiful swirls and twirls all over it. Koro gave me one of his bone carving  to keep. I thought, “Was this the bone carving that he was saving for my whole family? I didn’t ask”. I am proud of my Koro’s skills as a bone carver.

By Chanel.C

6 comments:

Miss Elia said...

Wow, Chanel! What a terrific story. A bone carving from your koro is a very special treasure.

Plessius family said...

Kia ora Chanel,
What a wonderful story - lots of interest throughout the story. Well done!
Tsana (Karl & Robin's mum)

Lisiate Lotoi lLaione Folauola said...

Wow!Chanel,I really like your report going to your grandparents house.First of all,I didn't know what was a Koro,than I got help from Mrs Grant and Deandra.I hope you really like your gift from your grandpa.

Aarmione said...

Hi Chanel, what a very nice report you wrote about going to your koro's house.I bet that he would of liked his really nice carving.What I don't know is what is a koro?.I bet your koro would have loved you lots too!.I thought that you done a good job of your report.Well Done Chanel!.

Tyrone said...

I liked your story cause you used lots of interesting words can you do another one

Anonymous said...

buying ambien online ambien discount coupons - ambien cr side affects